Effective date: 10 September 2018
Authorised Hyundai dealers are independent business entities which are not related to Hyundai and may have privacy policies which are different to ours. Hyundai dealers are responsible for their own privacy policies and privacy practices. Please contact your Hyundai dealer directly for enquiries or further information.
Types of personal information that Hyundai collects and holds
The type of personal information Hyundai collects from or about you and holds depends on the circumstances in which the information is collected.
- We mainly collect information about your contact details (including your name, address, email address, phone, mobile numbers, mobile numbers of the contacts entered in the Auto Link service and social media handles).
- There may be circumstances where we may require other personal information from you, such as a copy of your driver's licence if you participate in a test drive or your financial information if you are seeking or obtain finance for the purchase of a Hyundai vehicle. If you finance your Hyundai vehicle with Hyundai Finance we may collect information about the finance, such as the amount financed and the type of finance product.
- We may collect information about your Hyundai vehicle, including its number plate and vehicle identification number (VIN). We may also collect answers you provide to questions we ask and other information relating to your dealings with Hyundai or Hyundai dealers (such as details of vehicle/s purchased and service & repair history).
- If you register with Hyundai iQ/Auto Link Services, we may collect information from you about your hobbies, favourite sports and other interests, if you choose to give us that information, which we may use to send you offers or invite you to events which we think could be of interest to you. Other personally identifiable information may also be collected, such as demographic information about your age, gender and occupation, if you choose to give us that information.
- If you use our Hyundai Auto Link service (Basic & Premium) versions, the Hyundai Auto Link app we may also collect information (some of which may be personal information about you), including:
- the number of trips and distances that you have driven;
- the location of your vehicle, including historical locations and past driving history;
- vehicle diagnostic information, such as tyre pressure, amount of fuel in the tank and engine information;
- vehicle driving information, such as speed, braking and acceleration information; and vehicle fuel efficiency.
- mobile phone information such as number, model, operating system and personal location data where you have activated location services on your mobile device.
- any mobile contact numbers entered in the Auto Link app for additional services relating to emergency contacts.
If you request or receive roadside assistance services, we may collect information about where (eg, location) and when (eg, date, time) you requested roadside assistance services and the assistance service that is required.
If you are an individual contractor to Hyundai under a services arrangement, in addition to some of the personal information specified above we may collect information relevant to your engagement with Hyundai including qualifications, resume, fee rates, bank account details, feedback from internal stakeholders, training records and details of your use of Hyundai equipment and/or vehicles.
If you are employed by a Hyundai dealer, personal information we collect may include your name, position, contact details and training records.
If you apply for a job at Hyundai, we may also collect information about your work history and qualifications, including from your referees, along with the results of any testing we might ask you to undertake, with your consent, to assist us in considering your application.
In addition to the types of personal information identified above, Hyundai may collect personal information as otherwise permitted or required by law.
How Hyundai collects your personal information
Hyundai may collect personal information from or about you in a variety of ways. The most common ways we collect personal information are:
- we will collect or receive your personal information from an authorised Hyundai dealer if you purchase a new or used Hyundai vehicle, part or accessory from an authorised Hyundai dealer, and/or arrange finance for the purchase of your Hyundai vehicle, or take a test drive at an authorised Hyundai dealer;
- we will also collect or receive your personal information from an authorised Hyundai dealer if you have your Hyundai vehicle serviced or repaired at an authorised Hyundai dealer, or book your Hyundai vehicle with a Hyundai dealer for service or repair;
- we will collect or receive your personal information from the third party provider of Hyundai Finance if you arrange finance for Hyundai vehicle with the third party provider of Hyundai Finance;
- we may collect personal information directly from you if you make an enquiry about Hyundai vehicles, parts, accessories or services, or if you request a test drive, brochure, specification sheet, information or other materials about our Hyundai vehicles, parts, accessories or services;
- if you deal with us online, including via our website or through social media channels;
- If you use our Hyundai Auto Link service (Basic & Premium) versions , the Hyundai Auto Link app;
- if you enter a Hyundai trade promotion carried out by Hyundai (including on social media channels) or a trade promotion carried out by a third party with official affiliation with or support from Hyundai;
- if you participate in a Hyundai marketing, product development, profiling, survey or research campaign, including on social media channels;
- if you request roadside assistance services;
- if you apply for a job at Hyundai, from you directly and from your referees;
- if you perform work for Hyundai under a service arrangement, from your employer or labour agency;
- if you are employed by or contracted to an authorised Hyundai dealer, directly from you or from that dealer; from publicly available sources;
- we may also collect your personal information from third parties, including our service providers, entities and clubs sponsored by or affiliated with us, or from our contractors and agents.
The purposes for which Hyundai collects, holds uses and discloses personal information
The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information will depend on the circumstances for which we collect it. In general, we may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which we collect it and related purposes which you would reasonably expect, for purposes which you consent, and as otherwise authorised or required by law. Specific purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information include:
- we collect your personal information so that we can do business together and for reasons related to our business operations, such as to ensure we deliver quality products and services to our customers and potential customers;
- to respond to your enquiries about our Hyundai vehicles, parts, accessories, services or offers;
- to process sales orders and administer accounts, warranty records and vehicle service records;
- to provide you and our authorised Hyundai dealers with necessary support; to attend to or assist in the servicing or repair of your Hyundai vehicle, including the provision of roadside assistance services and online vehicle service & repair booking facilities with or for Hyundai dealers;
- for product development, market research, and other marketing and promotional activities;
- to carry out our legal compliance obligations, such as to conduct a product safety recall where necessary;
- if you use our Hyundai Auto Link service (Basic & Premium) versions, the Hyundai Auto Link app, to provide you with notifications and information about your vehicle;
- to inform you of a field service action affecting your Hyundai vehicle;
- to send you service and WOF reminders;
- to contact you directly or through our service providers and research agencies, to obtain your feedback and find out your level of satisfaction with our products, services and our authorised Hyundai dealers;
- to contact you if you are a winner of a Hyundai trade promotion that you enter;
- if you apply for a job at Hyundai, to consider your application. We may also use your personal information for related secondary purposes that you would reasonably expect, such as sending you mail or emails with details of new Hyundai vehicles or services, special offers or promotions that may be of interest to you. You can contact us at any time if you do not wish to receive marketing material. If you wish to unsubscribe from marketing material you receive from a Hyundai dealer, please contact that dealer directly.
Consequences if you don’t provide your personal information?
If we are unable to collect personal information we require, we may not be able to do business with you or the organisation with which you are connected, or advise you of information in relation to Hyundai vehicles, parts, accessories or Hyundai services or offers. For example, if we did not collect personal information about your new vehicle purchase, we would be unable to remind you directly of a service that is due, or notify you of a field service action for the vehicle.
- Hyundai and our authorised Hyundai dealers share personal information about Hyundai customers and prospective customers, so we may disclose your personal information to our authorised Hyundai dealers and vice versa.
- our employees, officers, contractors, service providers and agents (such as mailing houses, marketing agencies, market research providers, printers, roadside assistance service providers, insurance providers, financiers, website and data hosting providers and other IT suppliers);
- our related and affiliated companies within Hyundai Motor Group;
- our accountants, insurers, lawyers, auditors and other professional advisors;
- if you perform work for Hyundai under a service arrangement, to your employer or labour agency;
- if you apply for a job at Hyundai, to contracted service providers for purposes such as screening, skill or aptitude testing and human resource management activities;
- if you use our Hyundai Auto Link service (Basic & Premium) versions, the Hyundai Auto Link app, to our authorised dealers and technology service providers in connection with the operation of the Hyundai Auto Link service. We may also disclose this information to insurance providers in order for them to provide tailored insurance policies to you;
- if your vehicle is provided by your employer as part of a corporate or government fleet policy, we may also disclose certain information to your employer, including the location of your vehicle from time to time;
- any third parties to whom you direct or permit us to disclose your personal information;
- third parties that require the information for law enforcement or to prevent a serious threat to public safety; and as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Your provision to us, our authorised Hyundai dealers, or agents of your personal information will constitute your consent for us to disclose this information as described in this Section 5 and Section 6 below.
We will take reasonable commercial steps to ensure our service providers keep your personal information confidential, not to use or disclose it for any purpose other than the purpose of performing their work for us, and in a manner consistent with the Privacy Act 1993.
If you post information to certain parts of our website or to our social media channels, you acknowledge that such information may be publicly available. We recommend that you use your discretion in deciding what information you upload to such websites.
Some of the third parties to whom we disclose personal information may be located outside New Zealand. For example, we may disclose personal information to our related companies within Hyundai Motor Group in South Korea. Other service providers may be located overseas. The countries in which these third parties are located will depend on the circumstances. In the ordinary course of business we may disclose personal information to parties located in the United States and Australia. Except where an exemption applies under the Privacy Act, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such overseas recipients do not breach the APP’s in the Privacy Act in relation to such information.
Storage and security
Security of your personal information is important to us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, to the extent permitted by law we exclude all liability (including in negligence) for the consequences of any unauthorised access to, disclosure of, misuse of or loss or corruption of your personal information. Personal information held by us is stored within secured premises by Hyundai Motors New Zealand and Hyundai Motor Group and its related companies in South Korea. The storage facilities have physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Access & Correction
You may seek access to your personal information which we hold about you and we will provide you with access in accordance with the APP’s. We may require that you provide suitable identification for security purposes before allowing you to access your personal information. We may also charge an access fee to cover the reasonable cost of retrieving the information and supplying it to you. Access to your personal information may be refused in a number of circumstances, such as where access poses a health or safety risk, the information relates to anticipated legal proceedings or the request for access is frivolous or vexatious. If we deny or restrict your access, we will give you reasons why. We endeavour to maintain your personal information as accurately as reasonably possible. We rely on accuracy of personal information as provided to us both directly (from you) and indirectly (i.e., from an authorised Hyundai dealer). Therefore, it is very important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date. If you become aware that any personal information which we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete, misleading, irrelevant or not up to date, please contact us using our details below to correct or update your personal information.
Third party websites
Our website may contain links to websites owned or operated by third parties, including websites owned or operated by authorised Hyundai dealers or third party service providers affiliated with Hyundai. We take no responsibility for the privacy practices or content of these other websites. These other websites may contain their own privacy policies and their owners or operators are responsible for informing you about their security and privacy practices. We recommend that you thoroughly read the privacy policies of these third party websites.
Links, cookies and use of the Hyundai website
Hyundai website "cookies" do not store your email address or other personal information about you. We use this technology to generate statistics and measure website activity to improve the usefulness of customer visits. During normal website usage we do not collect or store personal information such as your name, mailing address, email address or phone number. Each time you access Hyundai websites, our server may deliver certain customised information, including ads, to you based on the data stored in your cookie. Third party vendors may show our ads on websites on the Internet and serve these ads based on a user’s prior visits to our website and other Internet activity. Hyundai may also use analytics data supplied by third party vendors to inform and optimise our ad campaigns.
Contact details and complaints
If you have any concerns or questions about the way your personal information is managed and used by us, or are concerned that an APP or the Privacy laws have been breached, please feel free to contact our Privacy Officer. Hyundai takes seriously its compliance with privacy obligations. We will ensure that your complaint is registered with us, and may request that you provide the complaint to us in writing. The Privacy Officer will ensure that the complaint is referred to the right people within the organisation to investigate and respond to the complaint. Any response or action will be notified to you as soon as practicable.
The contact details of the Privacy Officer are as follows:
The Privacy Officer
Hyundai Motors New Zealand Limited
PO Box 6240
Phone: (09) 573 2050